- Is an outstanding reference work providing the first English language multi-volume account of the key historical, liturgical, doctrinal features of Eastern Orthodoxy, including the Non-Chalcedonian churches
- Explores of the major traditions of Eastern Orthodoxy in detail, including the Armenian, Byzantine, Coptic, Ethiopic, Slavic, Romanian, Syriac churches
- Is edited by one of the leading scholars in the field and provides authoritative but accessible articles by a range of top international academics and Orthodox figures and is uniquely comprehensive
- Spans the period from Late Antiquity to the present, encompassing subjects including history, theology, liturgy, monasticism, sacramentology, canon law, philosophy, folk culture, architecture, archaeology, martyrology, hagiography, all alongside a large and generously detailed prosopography
- Is structured alphabetically and topically cross-indexed, with entries ranging from 100 to 6,000 words
The encyclopedia is now available for preorder on Amazon. You can also learn more about the encyclopedia and order it from the publisher, Wiley.
Put these books on your holiday gift lists!