Dear Students and Friends,
One of the credit activities you can do in the School of the Seventy is to become a specialist in a particular area of church life. If you click on the Book Lists tab (above), you'll go to a page that lists the "Specialist" you can become:
- Apologist: Someone who defends the Faith
- Ascetic: Someone who wants to pursue a more monastic style of life, or learn about it
- Catechist: Someone who wants to learn more about the doctrines of the church
- Evangelist: Someone who spreads the Faith
- Liturgist: Someone who wants to participate in the liturgical practices of the church, or learn about them
- Missionary: Someone who wants to spread the Faith to foreign lands
- Philanthropist: Someone who wants to learn about alms-giving practices
- Seeker: Someone who wants to learn about the basics of the Orthodox Faith
To become a Specialist, you must read all the books on the list for that specialty and complete the homework described (usually, fill out the General Worksheet for Books available on the Lessons tab) and submit the homework to else10(at)gmail(d0t)com. When you complete all the work on a Specialist book list, you will receive a special certificate from the School. In addition, each book you read has credits associated with it and counts for your total credits for the school term.
Would you like to become a Specialist? Let me know and I'll help you get started and keep track of your work. Contact me at else10(at)gmail(d0t)com if you have questions or need more information.