Dear Students and Friends,
Our new book this week is "Listening to the Heartbeat of God" by Hiermonk Peter Preble. The book is about having a conversation with God, a divine and holy experience that all Christians are called to enjoy. Fr. Peter Preble weaves together the Orthodox monastic traditions of spirituality and prayer. This book is a guide to prayer for each person who desires to pray from the heart.
The contents includes:
- CHAPTER 1 Listening to the Heartbeat of God
- CHAPTER 2 Divine Reading
- CHAPTER 3 How Do I Practice Sacred Reading?
- CHAPTER 4 What Scripture Passages Do I Read?
- CHAPTER 5 Liturgical Prayer
- CHAPTER 6 The Jesus Prayer: Prayer of the Heart
- CHAPTER 7 Three Types of Prayer
- CHAPTER 8 Using a Prayer Rope
- CHAPTER 9 Results of the Jesus Prayer
- CHAPTER 10 How to Begin
- CHAPTER 11 Getting to the Heart
- CHAPTER 12 Plunging Into God
- CHAPTER 13 Spiritual Fatherhood
- CHAPTER 14 A Spiritual Father's Role
- CHAPTER 15 How Spiritual Fatherhood Works
There is lots of spiritual fodder here! You can earn 2 credits for reading this book. Simply read, fill out the General Worksheet for Books, and e-mail it back for credit to else10(at)gmail(d0t)com.
Buy the book at Regina Orthodox Press.
BONUS: listen to a podcast interview of the author at Ancient Faith Radio for an extra credit! Simply listen, fill out the podcast worksheet and e-mail it back for credit to else10(at)gmail(d0t)com.
Listening to the Heartbeat of God by Hiermonk Peter Preble, ISBN 9781928653424, 70 pages, Regina Orthodox Press: 2012.