Saturday, February 15, 2014

Preparing for Lent: Returning to God


Dear Students and Friends,

We are on the countdown to Lent. To that effect, I find myself thinking of my own condition and my relationship with God; where am I, and where am I going? Today I found this article on Mystagogy: Orthodoxy and Modern Life - an Interview with Metropolitan Nicholas of Mesogaia. In this article, Met. Nicholas speaks in a simple and direct way of how to be close to God, how Orthodoxy can meet that need, and how to live in today's bewildering and fallen world. I struggle with this question every single day. I'm sure you do, too.

I encourage you to read the article here. You will be blessed and it will put you in the frame of mind for Lent.

"The Church is saying: Let's put God in our life, let's trust in the presence of His love, let's lean our expectations and hopes on Him, and He will respond to everything: our deeper existential quests, our family or health problems, our daily needs." --Met. Nicholas

(School Activity: You can receive 2 credits for reading this article. Simply read, fill out the Article Worksheet, and email it to else10[at]gmail[dot]com.)


No comments: