|Father Thomas Hopko|
It is with great sadness that I report to you that Father Thomas Hopko, truly one of the contemporary Fathers of the Orthodox Faith, fell asleep in the Lord yesterday, March 18, 2015. He will be sorely missed. May his memory be eternal! May the Lord grant him blessed repose! In Memoriam.
I learned of Fr Hopko when I was on my journey to Orthodoxy, and read several of his books and listened to many of his audio lectures. I was also blessed to hear him speak in person several years ago. He was a great apologist and explainer of the faith. His words worked in my heart to convict me of the Faith. I will be eternally grateful for his teachings. Read his biography here and his vita here.
I encourage you to check out the MANY Fr Hopko resources in print and on the Web. His teachings will encourage and bless you! Here is a selection:
- A list of his works on Amazon.
- A list of his works on St Vladimir Seminary Press.
- His podcast, Worship in Spirit and Truth, on Ancient Faith Radio.
- His podcast, Speaking the Truth in Love, on Ancient Faith Radio.
- His favorite maxims (sayings).